Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Administrative Assistant (Sports and Arts)
Wakatipu High School is a co-educational public school located in Queenstown and has a roll of over 1200 students. The school is modern and offers amazing facilities to students and staff alike.
About the role
This role requires a high level of coordination between different stakeholders - meaning organisation skills and attention to detail are crucial alongside computer literacy.
This role is fixed term full time (32 hours per week, 8.30am - 3.00pm) during school term time only - ending at the end of Term 4 2023.
Qualifications & experience
- Administration experience required
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Experience with Google Office (or MS Office) suite, particularly Sheets/Excel and Docs/Word
- Experience working with wide range of stakeholders including children/youth
Tasks & responsibilities
- Complete key administration tasks associated with the Sports and Arts departments
- Communication with students, parents, WHS staff, coaches, officials, event organisers
- Support school staff with the organisation and facilitation of Assemblies/Prizegivings, Blues Awards and other events
- Support the school staff with the organisation of events, trips and tournaments (including but not limited to budgeting, health and safety documentation, transport and accommodation bookings, police vetting, permission forms, and uniform issuing)
- Creation of itineraries, programmes and booklets
- Coordinating and publishing input for school communication channels (newsletters, social media, website etc)
- Data analysis and reporting
- Following up on overdue payments
This job is term time only. Enjoy having all the school holidays free to spend with your whānau or out and about exploring all that Queenstown has to offer. This Fixed Term role ends at the end of Term 4 2023.
Applications will be assessed as they are received.