Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Administrator - Corporate Services - Christchurch
- Permanent, full-time role
- Based at Sumner – Christchurch
- Special Education Sector
ABOUT US /MŌ MĀTOU
Ko Taku Reo Deaf Education New Zealand is a nationwide school that works to support Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) students and their whanau from pre-school through to 21 years of age. We have a team of over 300 specialist staff across New Zealand with specialist school provisions in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch which are located in mainstream schools. You will be joining a close-knit team and you will share their passion and enthusiasm for delivering high quality education and services to Deaf community and whanau.
THE ROLE / TE MAHI
This newly established role supports the Corporate Services Team in Christchurch. Reporting to the Administration Manager and working closely with a small team, this role is for an administrator who has had at least 3-5 years experience as we have a lot going on and it’s not for the faint hearted!! This role is responsible for the administrative support and co-ordination which may include (but not limited to the following):
- Co-ordination of meetings/conferences
- Purchase order management
- Diary management
- First point of call for site visitors
- Supporting asset and property management
- Phone and email system management
- Attending to or assisting with the operational requirements of the organisation
ABOUT YOU / MŌ KOE
Our ideal candidate will be a proactive, positive and results-oriented person able to deliver a high level of administration support. You will be solution oriented, flexible and able to manage and prioritise multiple, often competing demands of the service.
You will be experienced in developing collaborative relationships with a broad range of people. If required, we will support you to develop an awareness of Deaf Culture and the Deaf community. Proficiency in New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL) is preferred, however, if you don’t have this a willingness to learn NZSL is essential.
YOU WILL HAVE / KEI A KOE
- Proven experience in a similar coordination and administration role;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other office productivity tools, with aptitude to learn new software and systems;
- An approachable and inclusive demeanour;
- The ability to understand the demands of a fast-paced and changing organisation;
- Strong understanding of communicator requirements in a diverse organisation; and
- Proven ability to liaise and maintain relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU / HEI AHA HE PAI TĒNEI MAHI MĀU?
- A broad and challenging role with diversity of tasks and projects;
- The chance to help shape a unique organisation with learners at the centre of all we do;
- Five weeks annual leave; and
- Free parking at our Christchurch campus.
HOW TO APPLY / ME PEHEA TE TONO
If you are interested in joining a passionate and hardworking team where you can help make a positive impact, please apply below with your CV and a cover letter telling us why you'd love to work with us.
Only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for an interview will be considered for this position. We may look to interview prior to closing. Applications close 5pm, Sunday 2 October 2022.
Please note, it is preferred that all school-based teaching and non-teaching staff will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.