Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Business Manager (Finance)
- Full-time role
- Christchurch based
- Lead a small team
Ko Taku Reo Deaf Education New Zealand is the national provider of education services to New Zealand’s Deaf and hard of hearing children. Ko Taku Reo emerged from the merger of Kelston and van Asch Deaf Education Centres. At Ko Taku Reo we work to nurture the social and emotional wellbeing of New Zealand’s Deaf and hard of hearing children and help them form their own identity; as well as providing support and resources to help them reach their academic potential. You will be joining a nationwide team who are passionate and enthusiastic in delivering high quality education and services to Deaf and hard of hearing students and their family and whanau we support.
We are looking for a talented accountant that is seeking a diverse role to help us bring New Zealand’s deaf education vision and plan to life. This is a permanent full-time role based in Christchurch reporting to the Director of Corporate Services.
The accountant responsibilities will include the delivery of accurate and insightful financial reporting, planning, budgeting, and analysis to assist the entire leadership team and Board with the here and now plus future planning and growth. With a combined budget, turnover of $60m this is not a small role.
Ownership and continual improvement of all business processes will be a key priority as will assisting others within the organisation understand and be prepared to take ownership of financial planning in their span of control.
You will have oversight of:
- Continuous budgeting, re-forecasting, and analysis of all aspects of income and expenditure
- Working to prepare the monthly management reports and Board reports, providing insights to help the business make best decisions for the learner focussed outcomes
- Mapping all existing business processes and recommending and implementing improvements
- Project management of the introduction of new system/s and processes
- A small team will report to this role
- Proven experience as a dynamic Chartered Accountant
- Understanding of the demands of a fast-paced and changing organisation
- Strong business experience and demonstrated commercial acumen
- A passion for improving business processes
- Exceptional ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Proven experience with Dynamics 365 Business Central and/or Microsoft Navision
ideal candidate will also be approachable and someone who can engage with
people at all levels. An affinity or understanding of deaf culture would
be great however we can bring you into this world and help you engage.
What's in it for you?
- The opportunity to work for a passionate employer
- Work with diverse and welcoming team
- A broad and challenging role with diversity and freedom to make your mark
- Learning and development opportunities
- The opportunity to help shape a unique organisation with learners at the centre of all we do
If you are interested in joining an organisation where you can help make a positive impact, please apply online with a copy of your CV and cover letter telling us how you can add value to our organisation.
Only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for an interview will be considered for this position. We may look to interview prior to closing so please apply early. Applications close 5pm, Friday 30 July 2021.