Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Full-time, fixed-term role
- Special Education Sector
ABOUT US /MŌ MĀTOU
Ko Taku Reo Deaf Education New Zealand is a nationwide school that works to support Deaf and Hard of Hearing students and their whanau from pre-school through to 21 years of age. We have a team of over 300 specialist staff across New Zealand with specialist school provisions in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch which are located in mainstream schools. You will be joining a close-knit team and you will share their passion and enthusiasm for delivering high quality education and services to Deaf community and whanau.
THE ROLE / TE MAHI
We are going through a period of change and are currently running manual systems that will become automated over the next two years with the implementation of organisational software to better support our financial management.
This role is based in Sumner, Christchurch and is fixed term for 12 months supporting the Finance Team while we work towards implementing these new systems. You will be working within our Corporate Services Team reporting to the Head of Finance.
The Finance Administrator is responsible for ensuring that Ko Taku Reo Deaf Education New Zealand’s finances are expertly managed ensuring processes and policies are being adhered to in the following areas:
- Personal expenses
- Credit card expenditure
- Travel bookings and travel allowances
- Sensitive expenditure
- Procurement process
- Mileage claims
We are looking for an astute and unflappable person who has a proven track record of day-to-day accounting experience that is comfortable with reviewing transactions and verifying these against the appropriate policy.
ABOUT YOU / MŌ KOE
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite. Experience with Xero and Approval Max would be an advantage
- Previous experience in an administration or customer service role
- Understanding of the demands of a fast-paced organisation
- A passion for improving business processes
- Exceptional ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Great IT skills and use of all tools available to you
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills
The ideal candidate will always be approachable and someone who can engage with people at all levels. An affinity or understanding of Deaf culture would be great however we can bring you into this world and help you engage. This will include NZ Sign Language or willingness to learn this.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU? / HEI AHA HE PAI TĒNEI MAHI MĀU?
- The opportunity to work for a passionate employer
- Work with diverse and welcoming team
- A broad role which interfaces throughout the School
- Learning and development opportunities
- The opportunity to work in this unique organisation with learners at the centre of all we do
HOW TO APPLY / ME PEHEA TE TONO
If you are interested in joining a fast-paced team where you can help us make a positive impact, apply with your curriculum vitae and a cover letter telling us why you'd love to work with us.
Only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for an interview will be considered for this position. We may look to interview prior to closing so please apply early. Applications close 5pm, Monday 15 August 2022.
Please note, it is preferred that all school-based teaching and non-teaching staff will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.