Refer a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Christchurch based
- Permanent full-time role
- Evolving role to help grow our library services
Ko Taku Reo is New Zealand’s provider of education services for Deaf and hard of hearing (DHH) children. We ensure tamariki have what they need to reach their academic potential and enjoy a fulfilling life. You will share their passion and enthusiasm for delivering high quality education and services to Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) students and their whanau we support.
As the Librarian, you’ll be joining our talented Communications and Resources team. You will be overseeing the Library team and day to day activities to ensure access and use of our specialist library service. You’ll be responsible for ensuring the development, growth and maintenance of our library collections and digital library resources that will support the growth of student literacy and research skills.
Our ideal candidate will be a qualified Librarian that has experience leading a library service or be ready to step up into this role. We want you to be able to use your skills in the growth and development of digital library resources and use of digital and physical library services to meet student and stakeholder needs. You will need to be skilled at identify gaps in collections and researching new items to add to our library to ensure we are meeting evolving student needs. You will have a natural ability to foster meaningful relationships with people across all levels of the organisation in a variety of ways. An affinity or understanding of Deaf Culture and NZSL would be great however we can bring you into this world and help you engage.
You will also have:
- A Tertiary qualification in Librarianship / Information Management and Certificate in cataloguing
- Excellent working knowledge of a library management and cataloguing system
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. Including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 productivity apps
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues to resolve issues and meet agreed outcomes
- Previous staff management experience and a passion for leading a team
What's in it for you?
- The opportunity to work for a passionate employer and team
- Learning and development opportunities
- The chance to help shape a unique organisation with learners at the centre of all we do
- A lovely trip to work without any parking issues!
How to apply
If you are interested in joining a passionate and hardworking team where you can help make a positive impact, please apply online with a copy of your CV and cover letter telling us why you'd be the perfect fit for the role. We’re excited about this opportunity and look forward to welcoming the right person to our team… is that person you?
Closing date for applications is Monday 26 April, however we may seek to interview suitable candidates prior to closing.