Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Wellington High school is a co-educational, non-uniform school in the heart of Wellington City. We work collaboratively and inclusively to inspire our community of active, connected and free-thinking learners. At our core is WERO: Whānau, Excellence, Ora and Respect.
For early March 2022, we are looking for a librarian to join our staff. The successful candidate will be a welcoming, creative, inclusive, reader. A passion for YA literature is essential. Library experience and qualifications, the ability to manage a team and work with students are essential. Cataloguing, budgeting and resource management are core to this role and a working knowledge of the Access-It library system is desirable.
We hope to find someone who:
- Enjoys interacting with students, staff, and parents.
- Will run a student-centred library.
- Has confidence in teaching information literacy skills to students and staff.
- Has a genuine passion for and knowledge of Young Adult fiction.
- Can work in a busy, lively environment.
- Works well in a team.
This is a permanent position for 32.5 hours a week, 52 weeks of the year. This includes seven weeks of paid annual leave.