Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Residential Transport Worker
- Transport students travelling to and from the Christchurch school provisions
- Permanent, part-time role
- Weekdays early morning and late to mid afternoons
ABOUT US / MŌ MĀTOU
At Ko Taku Reo we work to nurture the social and emotional wellbeing of New Zealand’s Deaf and hard of hearing children and help them form their own identity; as well as providing support and resources to help them reach their academic potential. We are a school and a national learning organisation. You will be joining a nationwide team who share passion and enthusiasm for supporting our students and school.
THE ROLE THE ROLE / TE
We are looking for a compassionate
and caring professional to join our Residential Support Team in the role of Residential
Transport Worker. This role is responsible for the safe and timely delivery of
the students between the Residences and High School provisions in Christchurch
before and after school. You will need to have exceptional communication skills
to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the students using the service, so a positive
attitude and the ability to build trusting relationships will be crucial in
this role. The hours of this role are Monday to Friday (7.30am-9.30am and 2.00pm-4.00pm)
during term time with some flexibility needed to work outside of these hours.
ABOUT YOU / MŌ KOE
- Will have a full and clean NZ Drivers Licence
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety reporting obligations for schools in NZ
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Understanding of vehicle maintenance and safety checks
- Proficient in NZSL (or a willingness to learn)
- Ability to build and maintain trusting relationships
- Ability to anticipate problems and to be proactive in problem solving
HOW TO APPLY / ME PEHEA TE TONO
If you are interested in joining a passionate and hardworking team where you can help make a positive impact, please send us a copy of your CV and cover letter telling us why you'd love to work with us!
Only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for an interview will be considered for this position. Applications close 5pm, Friday 19 August 2022.
Please note, it is preferred that all school-based teaching and non-teaching staff will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.