Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Resource Teacher of the Deaf (RTD) - Northland
- Permanent Full-time – Northland
Ko Taku Reo Deaf Education New Zealand is the nationwide provider of education services for Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) learners. We have a focus on growth, learning and collaboration. The learners and their whānau are at the core of everything we do.
- We are seeking an engaging, innovative person who has strong communication skills and is a collaborative team player as these skills will be needed in all you do.
- You will be required to travel to mainstream schools, Kura Kaupapa Māori/Mana Maorito Early Childhood/Kohanga Reo to work closely with DHH students, whanau and school staff/teams to support learners in both English and Te Reo Māori.
- Engaging within your assigned caseload with related record keeping and liaison with families and whanau to assist with student participation and success in their education and life outcomes.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION:
- NZ registered teacher or be a qualified Teacher of the Deaf.
- Current, clean driver’s licence.
- Use of own car with mileage reimbursed. Depending on expected weekly mileage a lease car may be provided for your work travel.
- Must reside within easy access to the advertised region and be willing to travel to support learners on a designated caseload.
- Culturally competent with knowledge and understanding of appropriate Tikanga in the area.
- You will have existing skills or demonstrate a willingness to develop proficiency in New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL) and listening and spoken language practices for Deaf learners.
Please apply online at https://kotakureo.schooljobs.nz/job/resource-teacher-of-the-deaf-rtd-northland/northland/1261.
Only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for an interview will be considered for this position. However, we may seek to interview or appoint suitable candidates prior to closing so please apply early. Applications close 5pm, Friday 4 February 2022.
Job no: AOAK21281
School: Ko Taku Reo
Closing Date: 5pm Friday 4 February 2022