Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Resource Teacher of the Deaf (RTD) - South Auckland
- 2 Permanent full-time roles – South Auckland
Ko Taku Reo Deaf Education New Zealand is the nationwide provider of education services for Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) learners.
After serving the DHH
community for 140 years as separate deaf education centres, we are excited to
now be one nationwide school. We have a
focus on growth, learning and collaboration. The learners and their whānau are
at the core of everything we do.
- We are seeking an engaging, motivated person who has great communication skills as these will be needed in all you do.
- You will be required to travel to mainstream schools to work closely with DHH students and the teams there.
- Engaging within your
assigned caseload with related record keeping and liaison with families and whanau to
assist with student participation and success in their education and life
Requirements for this
- Proven best practice in working with mainstream children and/or experience of working with Deaf children.
- NZ registered teacher or be a qualified Teacher of the Deaf.
- Current, clean drivers' licence.
- Use of own car with mileage reimbursed. Depending on expected weekly mileage a lease car may be provided for your work travel.
- Must reside within easy access to the advertised region and be willing to travel within a designated caseload.
- You will have existing skills, or demonstrate a willingness to develop proficiency, in New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL) and listening and spoken language practices for Deaf learners.
Please apply online from our Careers page where you will register and get prompted to attach a Cover Letter and CV. The Job Description is available as attached.
Closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 30 July 2021, however we may seek to interview or appoint suitable candidates prior to closing.