Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Team Lead - Bay of Plenty Central (Rotorua/Taupo District)
- Permanent Full time – Bay of Plenty Central Team (Rotorua/Taupo District)
Ko Taku Reo Deaf Education New Zealand is the nationwide provider of education services for Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) learners. We have a focus on growth, learning and collaboration. The learners and their whānau are at the core of everything we do.
We are looking for a qualified teacher to join our Outreach School and lead our team in the Bay of Plenty Central area. We need a teacher with the right skills and attitude who can work with a range of Deaf and Hard of Hearing students by working in a collaborative partnership with families and mainstream schools to support the delivery of the NZ curriculum with a special focus on language, literacy and culture.
Requirements for this
Proven best practice in
working with mainstream children and/or experience of working with Deaf
· Relevant Bachelor’s degree or be a qualified Teacher of the Deaf – or alternative a willingness to undertake supported Teacher of the Deaf training. Full NZ teacher registration is essential.
· Current, clean drivers' licence.
· Use of own car with mileage reimbursed. Depending on expected weekly mileage a lease car may be provided for your work travel.
· Must reside within easy access to the advertised region and be willing to travel within a designated caseload.
· Experience within Deaf and Hard of Hearing Learning Support settings is preferential but not essential.
Please apply online at https://kotakureo.schooljobs.nz/Job/Team-Lead-Bay-of-Plenty-Central-Rotorua-Taupo-District-/Bay-of-Plenty/906?internal=1.
Only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand will be considered for this position. Closing date for applications is 5pm, Friday 15 October 2021, however, we may seek to interview or appoint suitable candidates prior to closing.