Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Team Lead - Resource Teacher of the Deaf (RTD) - BOP Central Team
- Permanent Full time – Bay of Plenty Central Team (Rotorua/Taupo District)
Ko Taku Reo Deaf Education New Zealand is the nationwide provider of education services for Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) learners.
After serving the DHH
community for 140 years as separate deaf education centres, we are excited to
now be one nationwide school. We have a
focus on growth, learning and collaboration. The learners and their whānau are
at the core of everything we do.
- We are seeking an engaging, motivated person who has great communication skills as these will be needed in all you do.
- You will be required to travel to mainstream schools to work closely with DHH students and the teams there.
- Engaging within your assigned caseload with related record keeping and liaison with families and whanau to assist with student participation and success in their education and life outcomes.
Requirements for this
- Proven best practice in
working with mainstream children and/or experience of working with Deaf
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or be a qualified Teacher of the Deaf – or alternative a willingness to undertake supported Teacher of the Deaf training
- Current, clean driver's licence and full NZ teacher registration essential
- Use of own car with mileage reimbursed. Depending on expected weekly mileage a lease car may be provided for your work travel
- Must reside within easy access to the advertised region and be willing to travel within a designated caseload
- You will have existing skills, or demonstrate a willingness to develop proficiency, in New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL) and listening and spoken language practices for Deaf learners
Please apply online from our Careers page where you will register and get prompted to attach your Cover Letter and CV. The Job Description is available on our Careers page.
Closing date for applications is 5pm, Wednesday 28 July 2021, however we may
seek to interview or appoint suitable candidates prior to closing.