Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Team Lead - RTD - BOP Central (Rotorua/Taupo District)
- Permanent, full-time – Bay of Plenty Central Team (Rotorua/Taupo District)
ABOUT US / MŌ MĀTOU
Ko Taku Reo Deaf Education New Zealand is the nationwide provider of education services for Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) learners. We have a focus on growth, learning and collaboration. The learners and their whānau are at the core of everything we do.
THE ROLE / TE MAHI
We are looking for a qualified teacher to join our Outreach School and lead our team in the Bay of Plenty Central area. The lead role is comprised of 0.8 RTD and 0.2 lead components. We need a teacher with the right skills and attitude who can work with a range of Deaf and Hard of Hearing students by working in a collaborative partnership with families and mainstream schools to support the delivery of the NZ curriculum with a special focus on language, literacy and culture.
ABOUT YOU / MŌ KOE
- Proven best practice in working with mainstream children and/or experience of working with Deaf children.
- NZ registered teacher or be a qualified Teacher of the Deaf or a willingness to undertake supported Teacher of the Deaf training. Full NZ teacher registration is essential.
- Current, clean drivers' licence.
- Use of own car with mileage reimbursed. Depending on expected weekly mileage a lease car may be provided for your work travel.
- Must reside within easy access to the advertised region and be willing to travel within a designated caseload.
- Experience within Deaf and Hard of Hearing Learning Support settings is preferential but not essential.
Only applicants that are legally entitled to work in New Zealand and can make themselves available for an interview will be considered for this position. However, we may seek to interview or appoint suitable candidates prior to closing so please apply early. Applications close 5pm, Sunday 14 August 2022.
Please note, it is preferable that all school-based teaching and non-teaching staff will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.